Generate AWS S3 Presigned URLs using Groovy
Last updated Mon May 23 2022
Streamline the process of generating presigned S3 URLs using this solution, which includes:
- An easy-to-implement an example process
- A Groovy script to perform the signing process
AWS S3 provides secure, cloud-based file storage protected by authentication controls. To streamline access, AWS S3 accepts presigned URLs that can access specific objects stored in S3 buckets for a designated amount of time. Presigned URLs expire after the designated time — by default, 24 hours — has elapsed.
You can use these URLs to:
- Grant temporary, secure access to data objects stored in S3
- Include a secure access URL in a Boomi process to provide instant access to S3 objects
- Download S3 objects by using the url with a command line client such as Curl (an open source software client for transferring data to and from servers) as part of a Boomi process
Use this recipe to presign URLs with your credentials to automating grant access as part of Boomi processes.
Organizations of all kinds store business-critical data in Amazon S3. With this recipe, Boomi processes can quickly make specific S3 objects securely available to support integration processes and workflow automation.
For more information, see:
- Amazon S3 Documentation: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/sigv4-query-string-auth.html
- Boomi Community Article: https://community.boomi.com/s/article/Creating-an-AWS-S3-Presigned-UR
The recipe qualifies for Boomi’s Recipe Program.
Qualifying customers get access to Boomi’s Recipe Program* with the purchase of a Boomi subscription. As part of the Recipe Program you have direct access to a Boomi specialist to get you up and running with Boomi at no additional cost. Learn more
*Offer applies only to new customers and requires purchase of a qualifying Boomi subscription.